Winter will be here before you know it! The temperatures are going to plummet, snow is going to start falling and road conditions are going to be less than ideal. Those poor road conditions aren’t anything to be taken lightly, especially if your brakes haven’t been replaced in a while.
The good news is that we have a month or so before we should start seeing true winter weather. During that time, you should consider replacing your brakes in New Palestine, IN. Continue reading to learn a few of the reasons why you ought to replace your brakes now, instead of waiting until winter arrives in full force:
- Prepare for icy conditions: It should come as no surprise that driving on an icy road is a lot different than driving on a dry one. For starters, you have to drive more slowly. Second, you’ve got to start slowing down much sooner than you would on a hot summer day. Older brakes are typically less responsive to begin with, but pair that with needing to slow down sooner for an upcoming red light, and you’re bound to get into an accident. Get new brakes now and rest easy knowing that you’re safe for the winter.
- Ensure the job is done now: Don’t be last on the wait list to get new brakes! We try our best to accommodate all of our customers, but there are only so many hours in a day. Coming in for new brakes now makes it easier to guarantee that you’ll have them by the first snowfall.
Do I need new brakes?
The good thing about your brakes is that they don’t just stop working all of a sudden—they’ll give off plenty of warning signs to alert you to bring your car into a mechanic. Here are a few of those signs:
- Squealing: Do you hear a high-pitched squealing noise any time you start to slow down? If so, those are your brake pads letting you know that it’s time to have them inspected, and most likely replaced. The longer you wait to replace them, the worse off your brakes are going to be, and the more dangerous your car will be to drive.
- Grinding: Another noise to watch out for is a harsh grinding sound. While the squealing is a bit annoying, it doesn’t necessarily indicate that there’s any damage. Grinding, on the other hand, means that your brake pads are incredibly worn down and your brake discs are making contact with the calipers. This situation can cause extensive damage, so bring your car to a mechanic as soon as possible!
- Dashboard lights: Some cars nowadays have a dashboard indicator that lets you know when it’s time to replace your brakes. Bring your car to our shop if that light turns on and we’ll give your system a full inspection.
Poor brakes are nothing to mess around with, especially when the roads are icy. Ensure you’re not putting yourself in danger by coming to Auto Air & Heating, Inc. and letting us inspect your brakes. We’ll let you know whether you need new brakes in New Palestine, IN, or if you’re all set for winter!
Categorised in: Brakes
This post was written by Writer