The weather is rapidly getting warmer, and once we reach the hottest part of the summer, it will be torturous if you have to deal with the heat without any air conditioning in your vehicle. This means right now is the best time for you to inspect your AC system, and if you have any issues with it, have a mechanic in New Palestine, IN resolve them now before it will be extremely uncomfortable to sit inside your car.
Here are just a few examples of some of the most common issues associated with air conditioning systems and vehicles, and the steps you can take to resolve them:
- Blocked condenser: The condenser located inside your vehicle’s air conditioning unit is designed to get refrigerant cool again after it’s heated up during the compression process. However, if there’s a blockage in the condenser (typically caused by debris from the road and the outside world), then it will have a much harder time cooling the refrigerant. This means the air conditioning system will have overheated refrigerant, resulting in it only putting hot air into your vehicle. You’ll find the condenser at the front of the car, so it should be relatively easy to determine if there’s a blockage that needs to be removed.
- Broken condenser: In some cases, the condenser is not blocked, but altogether broken. If you don’t see that there’s a blockage, there’s a possibility that road debris punctured some of the equipment. So, if you see a puncture in the condenser, it’s likely you’ll have to replace the part.
- Malfunctioning cooling fans: If the fans in the AC system aren’t working properly, then you can’t expect the condenser to cool as it’s supposed to. This means you can expect your vehicle to only emit hot air. The only way to tell if the cooling fan is broken is to access the fan and perform a visual inspection. You might notice cracks caused by debris, in which case you’ll need to replace the part. However, there might also be electrical issues associated with the fan, which require professional attention.
- Electrical issues: Speaking of electrical issues, these are another of the most common types of issues that could cause your car’s AC to malfunction. These are difficult issues to diagnose, because they might not be as visually obvious unless you have actual frayed or broken wires (which should be replaced or mended with electrical tape). However, if you don’t see any damaged wiring, you may need to have a pro check out your vehicle.
- Refrigerant leaks: Leaks of refrigerant can occur anywhere in the AC system, which can make it difficult in some cases to find the leak. However, it’ll be an obvious issue if you see refrigerant leaks under your vehicle after you move it away from where you’ve been parked. Typically, leaks are found at AC unit hose connections, so it’s worth inspecting those areas, but they can occur elsewhere.
For more information about common AC issues in your vehicle and how to resolve them, visit Auto Air & Heating, Inc. to speak with a skilled mechanic in New Palestine, IN.
Categorised in: Mechanic
This post was written by Writer