Summer is just around the corner, which means it’s time for you to inspect your vehicle’s air conditioning system and make sure it’s in proper working order before you really need it. Once the dog days of summer arrive, you’re going to have a really hard time staying comfortable on your daily commute if your air conditioner isn’t working properly. This means now is the best time for you to call a technician and schedule a service appointment.
Here are just a few examples of some of the most common problems with ACs in New Palestine, IN that your auto technician will be able to find and resolve quickly:
- Blocked condenser: The condenser in your vehicle’s AC is supposed to cool down hot refrigerant after it gets compressed. However, if the condenser is blocked by something (usually debris it picks up from the road or exterior air), then it will be unable to function properly, and you’ll be driving around with overheated refrigerant. The result: hot air coming out of your vents instead of cold. It should be easy to see if the condenser is blocked because it’s located near the front of the car.
- Bad compressor: Maybe it’s the compressor that’s being affected. This part is in charge of keeping the air conditioning moving at all times. A bad compressor will prevent the refrigerant from properly circulating through the system. Typically, a compressor will go bad because it sits for long periods of time without use. We recommend running your air conditioning at full blast once every three weeks or so just to make sure it remains in good working order.
- Low refrigerant levels: If you’re having problems getting cold air to come through your vents, this could be due to a refrigerant leak, or low levels of refrigerant in general. You should make sure you know there’s not a leak before adding more refrigerant. If you do find a leak, have a technician resolve the issue as soon as possible.
- Broken condenser: The condenser could be broken rather than just blocked, especially if you’ve already checked and there’s nothing blocking the compressor at the front of your vehicle. A broken condenser could be caused by debris banging around through the grill of your car and damaging the part, or simply due to failure of the equipment. In either case, it’s something you’re going to need to have looked at by a professional.
- Electrical problems: Electrical problems can be hard to diagnose, because your instinct is probably going to be to investigate other potential issues first. However, if you look around the vehicle and find damaged or frayed wires, then it’s important that you mend them with electrical tape as soon as you can, if possible. Otherwise, if it’s impossible to mend the wires, you should replace them. You should have an experienced technician handle this task.
For more information or to get help with these and other common AC issues in New Palestine, IN, contact Auto Air & Heating, Inc. today to schedule an appointment.
Categorised in: Auto AC Repair
This post was written by Writer