What Are Some Routine Summer Auto Checkups?May 11, 2020 4:32 pm Leave your thoughts
Whether you’re planning on taking a family road trip this summer or hanging out in town, it’s always a good idea to get a pre-summer auto tune-up. This post will explain what on a car should be checked before the summer in New Palestine, IN:
- Oil and oil filter change: Oil is the lifeblood of your engine. It keeps everything under the hood well lubricated and running to the best of its ability. However, oil picks up contaminants over time, which means it needs to be replaced every several thousand miles. Now is a great time to get an oil change and switch to an oil that’s better equipped to handle hot summer temperatures. While you’re having the oil changed, get a new filter to help keep the fluid debris free.
- Top off fluids: Oil isn’t the only fluid that keeps your car running. Coolant, transmission fluid, power steering fluid and windshield wiper fluid all need to be full this summer. Be sure to double-check the coolant levels, as now is the most dangerous time of year when it comes to overheating.
- Inspect the brakes: Even if you’re not planning a big trip, checking your brakes is one of our most important summer auto maintenance tips in New Palestine, IN. Nasty winter weather may have taken a toll on your brake pads, so now’s a good time to have them checked out and replaced if necessary. After all, the last thing you want is to be driving on worn or failing brakes.
- Check and monitor tire pressure: You should be checking your tire pressure throughout the year, but it’s especially important to do before a big summer road trip. If your tires are consistently low, bring your car in and have them replaced. Driving around on underinflated tires is a hazard for you and other drivers on the road.
- Test the battery: Scorching summer temperatures are the number one reason for reduced battery life and battery failure, so now is a great time to have that battery tested. A battery test only takes a few seconds to complete and determines whether you’re good to go or if it’s time to get a new one.
Why is a summer inspection important?
We wouldn’t recommend following the above summer auto maintenance tips in New Palestine, IN if they didn’t offer some considerable benefits. Here’s why those maintenance tips are so crucial:
- Ensure safety: Performing these easy maintenance tasks is the least you can do to stay safe on the road. If you don’t feel comfortable doing the things mentioned above, just bring your car to Auto Air & Heating, Inc. We can tackle everything from an oil change to tire replacement.
- Prevent midsummer mishaps: You don’t want to deal with an auto breakdown this summer, especially while you’re on a road trip. Some routine maintenance can go a long way in identifying and correcting any potential problems that would put a damper on your day.
The official start of summer—June 20—is right around the corner! Give us a call today to learn more about what on a car should be checked before the summer in New Palestine, IN or to schedule routine summer maintenance for your vehicle.
Categorised in: General Maintenance
This post was written by Writer