It’s safe to say most drivers have brought their cars in for a standard tune-up. Among other things, these tune-ups typically include an oil change, tire rotation and spark plug replacement. What drivers typically don’t get, however, is an air conditioning tune-up. In fact, many people don’t even know what one is! This post will answer the burning question, “What is an auto AC tune-up in New Palestine, IN?”
An AC auto tune-up includes inspecting the cooling system for any leaks or clogs. Clogs in the system lead to poor airflow, while leaks lead to a loss of coolant. Needless to say, these are both problems drivers want to avoid. If a clog or leak is found during the inspection, a professional mechanic can remedy the situation right away. Additionally, a mechanic can recharge the AC if necessary to ensure cool airflow.
Since most car owners don’t know a ton about their vehicle’s cooling system, an AC tune-up is something that a professional needs to handle. We generally advise having an auto AC tune-up performed each spring or early summer to ensure the system is ready to handle summer temperatures.
Benefits of an AC tune-up
Regardless of your vehicle’s make and model, it could probably stand to get auto AC tune-ups in New Palestine, IN each summer. Here are a few reasons why:
- Ensure comfort: First and foremost, an auto AC tune-up makes sure everyone is cool and comfortable during your drive. Rolling the windows down only helps keep the car cool for so long before everyone starts to get uncomfortable and cranky.
- Avoid further complications: Clogs in the cooling system don’t just restrict airflow—they put undue stress on other components in the system. Extra stress on the compressor or other parts can lead to total failure.
- Save money: If you do run into the situation mentioned above, you may have to pay a lot of money to get it fixed. AC tune-ups aren’t free, but they’re a whole lot cheaper than paying to have AC components repaired or replaced.
Signs that you need a tune-up
You know the answer to the question, “What is an auto AC tune-up in New Palestine, IN?”—but do you know if your car needs one? Here are a few of the indications that it’s time to see a pro:
- No cool air: Warm air coming from the vents could be the result of a few different problems. Hopefully it’s as simple as a clog or a loose or leaking hose, though! Bringing your car to a pro is the only way to find the true cause of the problem.
- Weak airflow: Having some cool air is obviously better than having none, but that small breath of AC won’t help when it’s 90 degrees with 90 percent humidity this summer. Only a pro can tell for sure, but weak airflow may be the result of an easy-to-fix clog.
With summer heat right around the corner, there’s never been a better time to come in for auto AC tune-ups in New Palestine, IN. Nobody tops our experts at Auto Air & Heating, Inc. when it comes to maximizing comfort and ensuring AC efficiency in all sorts of cars, trucks and SUVs. Call us today to schedule an appointment.
Categorised in: Auto AC Repair
This post was written by Writer